Sealer’s Choice Gold
Sealer’s Choice® Gold is a premium grade, high performance penetrating / impregnating stone, tile & grout sealer. It is a low VOC, water based sealer formulated to provide maximum stain protection, especially in food preparation and serving areas. Ideal for all interior and exterior natural stone, tile & grout surfaces. This premium sealer also includes built in Microban® – Cured Sealant is Mould & Mildew Resistant, and this sealer last up to 15 years.
Why Seal ?
When a liquid is spilt on a stone, tile or grout surface that has a degree of water absorption, a stain can result almost instantly as the reaction time to clean is short to zero! Sealing these same stone, tile or grout surfaces significantly reduces the degree of water absorption increasing the reaction time to clean and remove these contaminants before a stain can occur. Good sealers have reaction times measured in minutes, protecting the surface from primarily water based contaminants. The best or premium sealers have the longest reaction time measured in hours protecting surfaces from the widest range of contaminants both water and oil based.
Suitable Tile Types: As a natural look sealer for all natural stone surfaces (such as sandstone, slate, quartz, marble, limestone, granite, bluestone / basalt) unglazed tiles, polished & unpolished porcelain tiles, clay pavers, polished & unpolished concrete, terrazzo, brick, masonry, encaustic tiles terracotta and grout. Suitable for both interior and exterior use.
- Do not allow sealer to come in contact with any non-recommended surface.
- If product is allowed to dry on surface, a white film may form. If this occurs, scrub with Aqua Mix® NanoScrub® and a white nylon pad.
- Sealer will not prevent surface wear or etching from acids or caustic chemicals.
Surface should be dry, clean and free of waxes, sealers or finishes. New installations need to be dry 24 hours before application. Protect surrounding surfaces. Test product in an inconspicuous area to ensure desirable results. The Stone, Tile or Grout must be dry prior to applying sealer – the following document explains in detail the definition of the term “dry” as it relates to sealer application. READ MORE.
- Always test a small area first to ensure satisfactory results.
- Apply using a pump sprayer, paint pad applicator, lambswool applicator, sponge or brush.
- Allow it to penetrate for up to 5 minutes, if surface is drying within 5 minutes, apply more sealer to keep surface wet for up to 5 minutes.
- Wipe surface completely dry using clean, dry cotton, paper or microfiber towels after each application. Ensure no sealer is allowed to dry on the surface.
- Porous surfaces may require additional applications.
- Conduct a test to see if surface is completely sealed after 2 hours by applying drops of water on the surface. If it penetrates, an additional application is required.
- Allow 30 minutes drying time between applications when conditions are 20° Celsius and 70% RH. If temperatures are lower or humidity higher then these times may be longer.
- Ready for surface traffic in minimum of 2 hours.
- Keep dry for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Achieves a full cure in minimum of 24 hours.
Problem Solving: Problem Solving Guide
How to Guide: How to apply a Natural Look Sealer
Maximum VOCs: 73 grams per liter
Available in: 473ml, 946ml, 3.8L, 19L
Product Maintenance: General Maintenance Guide for surfaces sealed with a Penetrating Sealer
Note: View Technical Data Sheet (TDS) for more details and instructions.
- Maximum stain protection
- Natural look sealer
- Allows moisture vapour transmission
- The NEW Rapid Cure Formula protects in less than 4 hours
- Built in with Microban® – Cured Sealant is Mould & Mildew Resistant
- Safe to use, water based low VOC formula
- Does not alter the slip resistance of sealed surface
- Achieve optimal penetration into dense, low-porosity surfaces
- Last up to 15 years